The Series3 EOD/IEDD Suit is the result of five years of extensive research, testing and product development.
The suit is constructed from the latest in textile and composite technology, providing a lighter, more flexible suit than ever before, while keeping the levels of protection at an absolute maximum. In addition to the improvements and innovation inherent in this new product, our high standard of customer support and the ease of operation that is synonymous with all our products has been maintained.
The Series 3 comprises:
• Helmet • Smock • Blast Plates • Trousers • Spine Protector • Hand Protectors • Overshoes and Groin Protector
• Adjustable braces • Spine protector location • Overshoes • Emergency evacuation in under 10 seconds
• Flexible full length arm with hand protectors • Compact lightweight power supply • Emergency evacuation in under 10 seconds
• Lightweight composite plates providing V50 in excess of 1800m/s • Ergonomically designed to increase manoeuverability
• Integrated robust control unit for easy control adjustment • Ambient sound enhancement • Safety sound cut out • Ventilation fan control • Communication control
EOD SUIT HELMET
• High Volume quiet ventilation fan with optional NBC filtration filters • Integrated communications • Rechargeable LED/Halogen Headlamp • Increased Visor V50 protection 800 m/s • Nomex Helmet cover
DUPLEX COMMUNICATION UNIT
• Slip Ring Reel for constant communication during deployment and retrieval • Hardwire with 100m+ cable • Optional Digital Sound recorder • Wireless communication – certain models of wireless radio can be accommodated
The Holdfast Cooling Suit is designed to offer a safe and cool environment for people who must maintain a high level of efficiency and concentration under extreme heat. The system is ideally suited for persons involved in bomb disposal and surveillance operations, as well as personnel in non-air-conditioned armoured vehicles.
The Holdfast Cooling System uses ice water to remove body heat produced during strenuous work, especially in hot environments.
The suit requires no hazardous pressurised canister or toxic cooling agents. Made from machine washable, fire retardant Nomex or Kermel, the Holdfast Cooling Suit also offers protection against heat and flash fire. Testing of the suit on the effects of over-pressure, fragmentation, ballistics, body impact and heat have shown this suit is suitable for use under bomb suits, chemical suits and many other applications where body heat removal is desirable.
COOLING SUIT SPECS
• Heat Removal Rate: 270 watts (full suit) • Endurance min. 45 min at 35°C (95°F)
• Control: On/Off • Pump: 12V • Cold Source: Ice cubes and water • Power: External pack