Regula 4177 Spectral luminescent magnifier
For orders and questions
For orders and questions
Regula 4177 is a compact USB device designed in a plastic body in the form of a computer mouse. The product power supply, control, displaying and processing images are carried out via a PC and Regula Forensic Studio software.
The magnifier can be used as a separate authenticity verification device or together with a light table Regula 4167, an optical module Regula 4178, information reference systems.
• Obtaining and processing of images
• Examinations on different levels
protection of the document basis
- security fibers, planchetes, security threads, holograms, foil stamping, pole feature, transparent vanish coating, etc.
- intaglio: texts, guiloche frames, rosettes and vignettes, microprinting, latent images and moire patterns, signs for the visually impaired, blind embossing, colour shifting ink, including OVI with embossing and latent images, etc.
- letterpress: serial numbers, texts, barcodes, etc.
- offset printing including Orlov and rainbow printing: texts, microprinting, moire patterns, background and anti-copy patterns, etc.
- screen printing: security features with optically variable effects, etc.
- anti-Stokes luminescence
- UV luminescence
- IR luminescence
complex security features
- security features with IR-metameric ink
- special polymer coating of security laminates
- metallized coating
- laser engraving
• Additional examination of
- ragments of document images depending on the degree of absorption or reflection of IR light
- document alterations such as erasure, etching etc.
- traces of signature forgery
- extraneous lines (do not originally belong to the examined object) that are performed with IR opaque inks
- blurred, crossed out entries, texts and images
- document mechanical defects such as cuts, tears, folds, etc.
• Border control and immigration services
• Customs authorities
• Law-enforcement agencies
• Forensic laboratories
• Financial institutions
• Other agencies and organizations authorized to check documents
|Ultraviolet incident 365 nm||+|
|High-intensity incident green 530 nm||+|
|Sensor type||CMOS, 3,1 Мп||CMOS, 5 Мп|
|Dynamic range, dB||61||70|
|Resolution, ppi||4 700||5 900|
|Colour depth, bit||24|
|Frame size, pixels||Basic mode||1024×768||1296×972|
|Field of view, mm||11,1×8,1||10,5×7,8|
|Magnification, times, max||4|
|Magnification for a 21 inch monitor, times||35–110||37–114|
• IR low-pass with threshold, nm — 700
• IR high-pass with threshold, nm — 660
Connection interface — USB 2.0
OS — Microsoft Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
Dimensions (length×width×height), mm, not more than — 94×62×52
Weight, kg, not more than — 0,2
Power supply voltage, V — 5
Power consumption, W, not more than — 2,5
• Regula Forensic Studio software for displaying video, device control, storing and processing of images
Expert System Ltd
© 2000 - 2023